Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Gift



This is not a post, but a request. After you read these few words, go to Suldog's and read The Gift. This is not only my favorite essay of his, but also one of my favorite Christmas stories ever. I have read it many times and each time I like it more. If you haven't read it, you need to. If you have, read it again and find something of the joy of Christmas.

In a way, this link is a bit futile since, by my calculations, it is eight times more likely that you were directed here by Suldog than that I will direct you to him. Even so, I have an advantage over many of you, in that for seven years Jim and I worked together. I can truly say that the Jim you have met on the pages of Suldog is the real Jim. If you were to share a coffee break with him, his stories would sound the same.

I see his comments all over. He always seems to have the time to encourage a fellow blogger, myself included. He is a wonderful person and a good friend. He doesn't care for awards too much, but I think he'll accept these few words. Now go read a wonderful Christmas story and remember something of the magic of Christmas past.


Respectfully Yours,


Cricket


8 comments:

Thumbelina said...

Well for once, YOU have directed ME to Jim, and I think I might have read it before... ;0)

Suldog said...

Thank you very much, swell pal. This story means a lot to me, as you know, and receiving such fulsome praise does my heart good.

Michelle H. said...

Suldog deserves every kind word. He really does have a big heart.

Buck said...

Ah, I take you at your word about Jim. One of the best things Jim has done for me is pointing me towards your blog. "Birds of a feather," and all that.

Linda said...

Ditto, Buck.
I'm glad Suldog pointed out Cricket's blog as well. And I've already read Suldog's post today- it is a great story.

Ananda girl said...

Cricket-- Nice words about Suldog. I can see the truth in them. He's been great fun for me reading him and being read by him. You are fortunate to have such a friend. (But believe it or not... I came here first today.)

SandyCarlson said...

I will have a look.

Anonymous said...

Cricket - I too found you via Sully's blog, and have been enjoying lurking for a while! :) Nice to finally "meet" you! :)