Friday, September 24, 2010

Humble Pie





You may notice that my previous post has been deleted.

Anyone who has read my posts will know that I am no fan of the current administration. Neither am I a fan of his most vocal opposition. In my opinion, both are wrong.

Even so, any solution to our problems must begin with a sense of shared humanity and an intention to find those points on which we can agree. Pride and anger are still sins, even if we feel we are right.

A recent comment has left me to wonder if, in my last post, I have not crossed the line between humor and hatred, between satire and spite. I will take the comment itself as evidence that I have. Pride and anger are sins. It is better to approach even our differences in a spirit of love and humility. Sometimes we all need to be reminded of this.

So, Andy, you were right. I was wrong. I apologize, and thank you for the reminder.


Very Truly Yours,


Porcupine

Porcupine



5 comments:

Andy said...

Cricket, I have some apologizing to do myself. I think that maybe while I was writing that comment, I was searching my own soul.

I know that personal soul-searching began either just before, or just after I hit the "Publish Your Comment" button. I'm in the process as we speak.

It was smart-assed in too many ways, and not an appropriate way to address a Brother in Christ.

So...I've got some more work to do on Andy. Please be patient with me. I'm a slow learner. Obviously.

Ananda girl said...

Well I missed that post.

However, I do believe that there is much to respect in what you have said here... and that you responded thoughtfully to the situation.

I have eaten much humble pie. You are not alone at the table. Good words, Cricket... and Andy too. Thank you for the reminder. :-)

lime said...

dunno what i missed but i like the way you and andy seem to be handling it now.

Suldog said...

Well, whatever was said, it appears that both you and Andy have learned something. How nice!

(Knowing you as I do, I'm sure you meant no real harm. And, from Andy's comment here, he appears to be a nice guy, too. Again, how nice!)

Andy said...

Cricket, all these people don't know me very well.

Just sayin'...