Wednesday, November 23, 2011

File Under W





File this one under "w" for "wtf?"

So, I'm going to throw out my empty deodorant when something catches my eye. There on the back, among all the usual stuff about not applying product to broken skin and discontinuing use if a rash or irritation develops, not to mention using product daily for "best results" is the following:

"Contains odor-fighting atomic robots that shoot lasers at your stench monsters and replaces them with fresh, clean, masculine scent elves."

Um... yeah... ok. Wtf? I can picture the guys in the copy room now, like something out of Crazy People.

"Geez... I meant that as a joke but it got printed up like that."

Truth, fiction, and all that.


Wishing you and yours the happiest of Thanksgivings,


Cricket and Porcupine



7 comments:

Hilary said...

Ahh Old Spice has something like that on a few (maybe all) of their products now. I'm glad you've taken care of those pesky stench monsters though - and we can never have too many masculine scent elves. ;)

I wish you and yours a most wonderful Thanksgiving. :)

Out on the prairie said...

I gave it up because of laser burns.Happy holiday!

silly rabbit said...

Ha! That is just too funny! Randy uses that... I'll have to go show him.

Have a fantastic and filling Thanksgiving!

Andy said...

Heh! I'll have to check the fine print on the personal hygiene items from now on.

Nyuk...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, and all the Cricket clan!

Bossy Betty said...

Love the creative mind that came up with that. What does that say about me?

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

lime said...

hahaha, i like it because it was obviously meant as a joke. if you've ever read labels on chinese goods to be sold to foreigners in china.....it's a little scary because it's just a crazy but kind of earnest in believing itself.

Suldog said...

I've been using Old Spice for years, but I've never noticed that. I'll have to read my deodorant when I get home tonight. Thanks for giving me something to look forward to...