Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Better




The Temple to Music
Roger Williams Park
Providence, Rhode Island


It's a beautiful place to walk, to watch the birds, or the changing seasons. Yet I've always felt it was missing something. Inside, the marble walls are engraved with the names of composers: the obvious, Bach, Beethoven, and Brahms, plus others more marginal, and even a few I've never heard of.

Now that's fine, as far as it goes. Bach wrote some of the most beautiful music ever. Even so, the most recent name on the walls is Debussy. This morning, I finally did my bit to correct this.




There. Now isn't that better? I sure think so. Now, if only I had a nice chisel....



Respectfully Yours,



Cricket




8 comments:

Suldog said...

Some graffiti is more worthwhile than others. This qualifies.

CiCi said...

I do so like it when musicians pay respect to other musicians. Miles Davis deserves a lot of respect for his talent.

Out on the prairie said...

very nice

Clare Dunn said...

Did you leave it up? I'll take a run down to see it...

xoxoxo, cd

Cricket said...

Hi Clare -

Sadly, no. I had intended to leave it up, but I think the cold made the tape not stick to the marble very well. It stayed, sort of, but I had the feeling it would just wind up another piece of litter or in the pond not long after.

Maybe I'll put it up again come spring. Heh, heh. That was the plan.

Cricket said...

Hi Techn... I mean, CiCi -

Indeed. I love all kinds of music and lots of different people, but if I had to pick one who stands out above all others in terms of importance in my life, it would have to be Miles.

Hilary said...

I would bet that if you found a way to keep that in place without ruining any surface, others would soon add their choices, as well. You might just start something.

lime said...

excellent! i hope some other visitors get the same idea and add other names. would be fun to see who pops up :)